Thursday, September 5, 2013

Made it to Washington State! No Lie... or No-Li to be exact.

Idaho passed by so quickly - definitely one of the quickest states I drove through.  I did get to see a minor hydro race on the lake in Coeur d'Alene as I drove along the Lake.  

As I entered Washington State I had to laugh.  The first city you come to is called "Border Town."  I turned off to see if there was anything interesting there, but sadly, not much there....

I ventured on to Spokane - only about 20 miles from the Idaho border.  I'd done a bit of research and learned there were a few breweries in the area, so I pulled over to check out No-Li Brewhouse.  While they have a big indoor seating area, they also have outdoor tables and just simple adirondack chairs you can sit in on the banks of the river.  It was incredibly peaceful out so I grabbed an adirondack and kicked my feet back to relax for awhile.  Instead of ordering a single regular size beer, I went for a tasting and got about a little over a shot glass of 5 different beers (just choosing 5 was incredibly tough as they had a VAST beer selection, everything brewed there as well.  

It turns out No-Li is pretty popular elsewhere in the state as well - my brother thinks he saw it on tap at the Sounders game.  

I'd definitely recommend stopping at No-Li if you are ever in the area.  While I didn't order food (I was still stuffed from the taters and bison burger in Wallace!), the food looked pretty good.  Plus, the scenery along the lake can't be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment