Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bad Decision to enter Badlands?

I'd been hearing from friends that I must go through badlands national park. Id been debating whether to skip it to get to Mt. Rushmore earlier. When I got to the entrance in South Dakota, the gas station didn't have diesel and I didn't have data service to be able to look up where the next station was, how long the Badlands loop was, etc. So I took the chance I'd have enough diesel and entered the park, wondering if it was a bad decision. Five minutes later as I approached the first scenic overlook, I knew it was not! This was one of the most beautiful places in the world I've ever been (seriously!) I did a bit of hiking around and drove the scenic loop. As I was driving a bunch of clouds rolled in and the lighting was just gorgeous. It was hard not to drive off the road as the views were spectacular. I even saw a little prarie dog!

If you're ever in South Dakota, don't miss badlands. It's badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment