Saturday, August 31, 2013

Santa is on Vacation in Wyoming!

Stopped for breakfast at Flagstaff Cafe - a tobacco shop with a great restaurant attached. I didn't take up smoking... just went for breakfast. The food was great and very hearty... I get the sense it needs to be as everyone in town appears to work long days in the fields, etc.

While at breakfast an amazing thing happened. The table next to me had a mother and daughter eating. The daughter was probably around 7, around the same age as my niece. I heard her whispering and pointing to her mom. I glanced in the direction she was pointing and saw a man wearing a red shirt and shorts with a big white beard and glasses. Wait a second, is that Santa?! In Sheridan, Wyoming?! The man saw the little girl glancing his way. He got up from his table and walked over to her. As he sat down at her table he asked her if she was on the good list or naughty. Her mom confirmed good list. He then pulled out a card and autographed it for her! He explained he's on vacation in Wyoming and will be heading back to the North Pole soon. All of the wait staff also got excited to see him and soon all the patrons, young and old wanted to say hello... incluiding me! I stopped Santa and we got to talking. Turns out Santa also has a home in Mount Vernon,  Washington! He also goes frequently to Mariners games... and here I thought Santa would be a Braves fan!

Santa was kind enough to autograph a picture for my niece and nephew (although he misspelled my niece's name! Oops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment