Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pennsylvania and Pineapple Beer

After a few hours and over 200 miles of driving, I've made it to Pennsylvania and specifically to Rivertowne Brewing - a tiny brewery sitting on the edge of a river a ways outside of Pittsburgh.  Just the perfect spot to sit out in a rocking chair and try a glass of a pineapple beer they make (yes - beer that has a hint of pineapple and is actually pretty tasty and refreshing). Kind of hard to believe a week ago I was at my desk working and now Im sitting in a small town sipping a beer by the river's edge. When I looked this place up I thought it would be a pretty big establishment - nope! It does have some pretty good beers though and was worth the short detour from the highway to get here.

So far I've stopped to refuel once - and thankfully remembered that I now own a diesel car and MUST NOT put regular unleaded in it. I've also seen lots of cornfields and driven many miles through mountains.  I've decided I am not a fan of toll roads.... which seem to be everywhere in Pennsylvania!!

I think next stop may be a Pittsburgh legendary place I've heard lots about but never been to!

No comments:

Post a Comment