Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chi-Town

Sadly I'm not getting to spend more time in Chicago - my bike is attached to my roof and is basically asking to be taken... which makes parking in downtown of a major city not the wisest idea ever. Unfortunately that means I only got a quick drive through the city and by the lake (who knew there were sandy beaches in downtown Chicago?!) I had to do a little sleuthing to find a deep dish pizza place with parking where I could see my car and bike, but ultimately found a Giordano's with a parking lot I can see from my table.  The deep dish pizza is AMAZING - and definitely worth the time spent figuring out where to park, etc.

Doing a bit more exploring in Chicago before heading north to Milwaukee, through Oshkosh (as in the overalls) and then to Appleton,  Wisconsin. Will be having dinner with a bunch of aunts and uncles and possibly a few cousins. Can't wait to hear all the "dontcha knows" and "you betchas."

I've been worried driving around Chicago with a cheesehead in the back of my car... those Bears fans aren't so nice. Can't wait to cross state lines and wear the cheesehead while shopping for cheese curds in Packer country.

No comments:

Post a Comment