Thursday, August 29, 2013

Worthington - Worth the Stop.

Stopped this evening in Worthington, Minnesota to try to find some food, but stumbled on a body of water that has a really nice tree lined path along it. I decided to park the car and take a quick walk around, which gave me time to think and reflect on the trip thus far. I've met some very nice people (particularly at gas stations and bars/breweries) all of whom also have interesting stories and advice for me. I've also seen some fascinating things - seriously, a museum dedicated exclusively to SPAM?! I've entered towns I expected to be really nice which have turned out to be almost abandoned (Gary, Indiana). I've learned to not rush and not worry about planning all the time - instead savor where you are and go with the flow. I've learned that our countryvis strongly divided on some political issues and people on each side will pay lots of money for billboards - some of which are very graffic (pro-life/anti-abortion billboards). I've learned we grow a TON of corn. Looking forward to figuring out what else I'll learn on the road.

Grabbed dinner in Worthington at a bar/grill... only to discover the Vikings game is on and the place is packed with vikings fans... oops. Not the most relaxing dinner ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment