Saturday, August 31, 2013

Beer before Bears

Before heading into Yellowstone (ie bear country) I stopped in the last sign of civilization - Cody, Wyoming. I fueled up again (only had to buy 4 gallons, but again, I'm paranoid about running out in the no cell phone zones.) Then while driving down the road I saw a sign for "Pat O'Hara Brewing Company." I quickly did a u turn and went in to sample some beers and get a cup of green chili. The sample came in the cutest shot glass sized mug. So cute I had to ask for one as a souvenir.
Turns out the brewery only opened in July! I went with a glass of their Amber Ale and am seriously considering buying a growler for the road.
Turns out the Rodeo will be taking place tonight in Cody... We'll see how the day goes and whether I end up here or on the northern side of Yellowstone tonight.
Had a great time talking with the bar tenders at the brewery. Here I thought no other place other than the South had great hospitality. Turns out these Western states are pretty hospitable!

No comments:

Post a Comment