Saturday, August 31, 2013

Naked Wine??

Coming down from Mt. Rushmore I hit a small town and on the main street there was a sign saying "Naked Winery".... huh?! The sign caught my eye so I pulled over and went in not really knowing what to expect. Turns out it's a tasting room for a winery actually located in Oregon. I figured why not do a tasting... has to be better than the South Dakota wines from the state fair! The man running the tasting was very nice and funny. He picked the wines based on what I said I like and didn't like and how I reacted to the prior tasting.

They aren't naked in the tasting room if that's what you're thinking. Instead, they call it naked because the skins of the grapes are removed and they use no additives, etc. The wines were pretty good. They had a great cab and a fun series of wines made in plastic bottles so you can take them camping, etc! Soon the tasting room filled up with some locals and the discussion turned to me driving across country.  I loved how friendly everyone was and how they gave me great advice. For example I was warned that last night I shouldn't drive past Sheridan towards Yellowstone because there wouldn't be any hotels so I'd be sleeping in my car. Very good advice. I was given suggestions on a few things to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment