Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Refueling in Milwaukee

There are a lot of things Wisconsin does well - football, curling, cheese, funky accents, and beer! I made it to Milwaukee, where the Harley Davidson 110 ride is taking place.... so it's me in my running clothes and a bunch of guys on motorcycles wearing leather. Don't have all that much time in town, but wanted to stop to do a tasting.
I decided against doing the largest breweries and settled on Lakefront Brewery - just like the name suggests, settled right on the water. I missed the last tour, so instead went straight to the tasting room. I struggled with which beer to try, but finally settled on "Wisconsinite". It was pretty tasty and a good light summer beer. DC didn't have that many local breweries (although yes, they are on the rise.) Looking forward to exploring all the Seattle breweries soon!
Off to Oshkosh, Wisconsin now. When I used to go visit family there when I was little I'd always dress in my Oshkosh overalls. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I don't think they make them in my size anymore.
Expect lots more of my time in Wisconsin, including family visits, cheese, cows and more beer.

1 comment:

  1. My college roommate is from OshKosh!! Safe travels!
    xo
    Christina

    ReplyDelete